Bible Study of the Week
To receive the Bible Study of the Week by e-mail, please enter your e-mail address:
Lesson 1: Paul: Apostle to the Gentiles (Acts 9 & 22) — There is an old saying that we need to put our self in the place of another person before we can truly understand that person’s situation. When I was a young man, I spent my summers building homes and apartments with my brother. One morning on the long ride to work, my brother’s car broke down and he decided that we should just walk and see if someone would give us a ride. We were not dressed very well, and we were carrying tools. It was not an inviting picture for someone considering giving us a ride. Normally when I was driving, I did not pick up those trying to get a ride – that would be dangerous! But now, I was desperately hoping that someone would show sympathy to us! To better understand the letter to the Galatians, we are going to try to put ourselves in the place of its author, Paul. (For those who do not know, “Saul” later was called “Paul.” I’ll just call him “Paul” in this lesson.) Let’s plunge into our Bible study and see what the Bible has to teach us about his life. Let’s see what it would be like to be Paul! More…
Recent Bible Studies on Worship
Want to learn more about the Bible? Use these Bible Studies for personal devotion, group Bible studies, or teaching a church class.
We just finished studying Worship. Below are links to the available lessons in this series. New studies are posted every Friday.
- Lesson 13: Worship in the Book of Revelation (Revelation 4, 13 & 14)
- Lesson 12: Worship in the Early Church (Acts 1, 2, 17 & 18, 1 Corinthians 13)
- Lesson 11: In Spirit and in Truth (John 4)
- Lesson 10: Worship: From Exile to Restoration (1 Kings 8, Ezekiel 8 & 9, Jeremiah 29)
- Lesson 9: “Trust Not in Deceptive Words”: The Prophets and Worship (Jeremiah 7, Isaiah 58, Micah 6)
- Lesson 8: Conformity, Compromise, and Crisis in Worship (1 Kings 11 & 19, Luke 16, 1 Corinthians 9, Romans 14)
- Lesson 7: Worship in the Psalms (Psalms 19, 49 & 73)
- Lesson 6: Worship and Song and Praise (Psalms 32 & 51, 2 Samuel 22)
- Lesson 5: Happy Are You, Israel! (Leviticus 9-10, Romans 8, 1 Samuel 15)
- Lesson 4: Rejoicing Before the Lord: the Sanctuary and Worship (Exodus 25, Hebrews 10)
- Lesson 3: The Sabbath and Worship (Genesis 1-2, Exodus 20, Colossians 1)
- Lesson 2: Worship and the Exodus: Understanding Who God Is (Exodus 3, 20 & 32, 1 Chronicles 15, 2 Samuel 6)
- Lesson 1: Worship in Genesis: Two Classes of Worshipers (Genesis 4 & 22)
GoBible.org Kindle Edition new!
Read the GoBible studies on your Amazon Kindle. Your subscription includes wireless delivery of the Bible Study of the Week via Amazon Whispernet.
Would you like to help us share the Bible Study of the Week with others? At present, the Bible Study of the Week can be read in ten languages: Bosnian, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, and Spanish. We welcome serious volunteers who are willing to spend the time each week to translate the lessons from English into another language. We are particularly interested in having the lesson translated into the Chinese dialects. Please contact us if you would like to volunteer to translate.