Bible Study of the Week
To receive the Bible Study of the Week by e-mail, please enter your e-mail address:
Lesson 9: “Trust Not in Deceptive Words”: The Prophets and Worship (Jeremiah 7, Isaiah 58, Micah 6) — Many years ago, I was in the Michigan area to meet with a group of teachers who had religious objections to supporting the teachers’ union. Most of the teachers were very anxious to have me help them because they were convinced that it was displeasing to God to remain in a union which opposed Godly principles. One teacher was concerned about his obligations to God, but he was also concerned about his union-connected car insurance. He wanted to know whether, if he resigned from the union, he would be able to continue to insure his car through the union. When I told him, “No,” non-members did not have the right to continue with union-sponsored insurance, he replied that it would be too expensive for him to raise a religious objection. As we left the meeting, I noticed that he was driving a brand new Cadillac. His faith could be valued by the amount he saved with union insurance. What about us? Does our faith make a difference in our life? Should it? Or, does righteousness by faith relieve us of such concerns? Let’s dive into our study of the Bible and learn about faith that makes a difference! More…
Recent Bible Studies on Worship
Want to learn more about the Bible? Use these Bible Studies for personal devotion, group Bible studies, or teaching a church class.
We are currently studying Worship. Below are links to the available lessons in this series. New studies are posted every Friday.
- Lesson 8: Conformity, Compromise, and Crisis in Worship (1 Kings 11 & 19, Luke 16, 1 Corinthians 9, Romans 14)
- Lesson 7: Worship in the Psalms (Psalms 19, 49 & 73)
- Lesson 6: Worship and Song and Praise (Psalms 32 & 51, 2 Samuel 22)
- Lesson 5: Happy Are You, Israel! (Leviticus 9-10, Romans 8, 1 Samuel 15)
- Lesson 4: Rejoicing Before the Lord: the Sanctuary and Worship (Exodus 25, Hebrews 10)
- Lesson 3: The Sabbath and Worship (Genesis 1-2, Exodus 20, Colossians 1)
- Lesson 2: Worship and the Exodus: Understanding Who God Is (Exodus 3, 20 & 32, 1 Chronicles 15, 2 Samuel 6)
- Lesson 1: Worship in Genesis: Two Classes of Worshipers (Genesis 4 & 22)
GoBible.org Kindle Edition new!
Read the GoBible studies on your Amazon Kindle. Your subscription includes wireless delivery of the Bible Study of the Week via Amazon Whispernet.
Would you like to help us share the Bible Study of the Week with others? At present, the Bible Study of the Week can be read in ten languages: Bosnian, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, and Spanish. We welcome serious volunteers who are willing to spend the time each week to translate the lessons from English into another language. We are particularly interested in having the lesson translated into the Chinese dialects. Please contact us if you would like to volunteer to translate.