Bible Study of the Week
To receive the Bible Study of the Week by e-mail, please enter your e-mail address:
Lesson 13: Clothed in Christ (Romans 8 & 13, 1 Corinthians 15) — In the last several lessons we winced when we learned that “good” Christians may well be like the older brother in the story of the prodigal (Luke 15), or the religious Jews in the story of the “Good Samaritan” (Luke 10), or the friends of the king in the Matthew 22 story of the wedding feast. The “less righteous” readers of the lesson, on the other hand, were rejoicing. Salvation by grace is good reason to rejoice and keep on rejoicing. But, Jesus gives us all (“good” and “bad” Christians alike) sobering news when He describes (Matthew 7:13-14)the path to salvation as being “narrow” with “only a few find[ing] it.” How can it be “narrow” when it is given to all who believe? Is putting on the wedding garment of salvation a one-time event which we can later forget? Or, is it more? Let’s dive into our Bible study and find out! More…
Recent Bible Studies on Garments of Grace
Want to learn more about the Bible? Use these Bible Studies for personal devotion, group Bible studies, or teaching a church class.
We are currently studying Garments of Grace. Below are links to the available lessons in this series. New studies are posted every Friday.
- Lesson 12: More Clothing Imagery (Mark 5, John 13 & 19, Matthew 26-27)
- Lesson 11: The Wedding Garment (Matthew 21-22)
- Lesson 10: The Prodigal’s New Clothes (Luke 15)
- Lesson 9: A Brand Plucked From the Fire (Zechariah 1-3)
- Lesson 8: Garments of Splendor (Isaiah 1 & 61, Romans 3, Luke 10)
- Lesson 7: In the Shadow of His Wings (2 Samuel 12, Psalms 32)
- Lesson 6: Elijah’s and Elisha’s Mantle (1 Kings 19, 2 Kings 2)
- Lesson 5: The Priestly Garments of Grace (Hebrews 7 & 8, Exodus 28)
- Lesson 4: The Coat of Different Colors (Genesis 29, 30, 37 & 41)
- Lesson 3: A Garment of Innocence (Genesis 1-3)
- Lesson 2: From Exalted to Cast Down (Genesis 3, Revelation 12, Ezekiel 28)
- Lesson 1: In the Loom of Heaven (Isaiah 64, Romans 3, Matthew 22)
GoBible.org Kindle Edition new!
Read the GoBible studies on your Amazon Kindle. Your subscription includes wireless delivery of the Bible Study of the Week via Amazon Whispernet.
Would you like to help us share the Bible Study of the Week with others? At present, the Bible Study of the Week can be read in ten languages: Bosnian, English, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, and Spanish. We welcome serious volunteers who are willing to spend the time each week to translate the lessons from English into another language. We are particularly interested in having the lesson translated into the Chinese dialects. Please contact us if you would like to volunteer to translate.